Friday, March 11, 2011

Ryann's nursery

We are D-O-N-E!! WAHOOOO!

Let's just refresh ya'lls memory (and mine!) of what her room looked like before:


                            
Oh yeah, now I remember...a hodge podge of a mess that used to be an organized guest bedroom and quickly became the "Quick! Throw it in there on the bed and shut the door" room! Yikes, I'm a little embarrased that my organized self let that happen. So now I think it is safe to say I have redeemed myself. I feel much, much better about how this room looks now. In fact, I just LOVE it. It is so girly and just.what.I.wanted!!!
 
So without further adieu...
 
I really wanted a monogram to be in her room of some sort...so I searched and searched and eventually thought to check out Etsy which has become one of my new very favorite sites! I just love it- so many cool, handmade things that help promote craftiness and stay at home mom's business.  I knew I wanted the vinyl art because I have used it in other parts of the house and really have been very pleased with it. This was THE item which took 2 weeks to get and I was so frustrated about:
                                                                                              

 

Luckily Brian new how to put these on ...I definitely don't have the patience or the skill. I would have
screwed it up. For sure.
 

so as soon as it arrived, we were both up the stairs to get it on the wall...


It actually came with a hot pink birdie too that sat on the name but we decided to go sans birdie...

Everything in her room I wanted to tie together with the green, white and hot pink polka dots so I tried to stick with things that blended or were in the same color range...it actually all started with her bedding:

and the ideas came from there. This was Riley's crib and the pink gingham sheet was hers too but we also have a yellow one that we will alternate in and out. Riley also gave her little sister that pink bunny lovie in the crib. So sweet.

Next came the windows- this window faces North in the backyard so it is a colder room and has a lot fo light that comes in. I wanted something with a blackout liner to help with that.

Hot pink polka dots, of course...


The changing table was also Riley's...

and to finish the curtains off we chose these butterflies:
which we also used as doorknobs on the closet but they are really knobs for a dresser:

I'd say this little girl is good to go on clothes and diapers...which aren't going to last long at about 80 diapers a week. HA.
Her dresser is next to the door on the right when you come in the room and so I had this "dilemma" of sorts trying to figure out what I wanted to put on the wall...

The search was on... so I was very happy when this showed up today right as I got home from work...4 days early. I heart Target, not only because of their fast shipping...


My mom found this and I knew this was IT.
On the wall it went- no time wasted...

I also ordered this frame and put her picture in it:
 So here is what you really see when you open her door and walk in:

We've got her swing, bassinet, and bouncer all assembled, and her bag is packed ( mine is NOT). Everything is washed, organized, put away or hung up. She won't be sleeping in her room for a long time but just to know it's done is a good feeling. Her pacifiers and bottles are cleaned and stored away too.

 I think we are officially ready! So c'mon Ryann, we're ready when you are!

6 comments:

misty w. said...

Sooooooo pretty! Love it! Love y'all! C'mon Ryann! Can't wait to hold your sweet self!

Unknown said...

Her room looks beautiful! Love it! You guys did a great job and you are so blessed to get all NEW stuff! Can't wait to finally meet her!

Tara Powell said...

AWESOME!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

This looks great!! :) Where did you end up getting her bedding from?

Dana (aka Mimi) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana (aka Mimi) said...

The nursery looks beautiful!!....good job you guys! It was great seeing you all yesterday...we look so forward to welcoming Ryann into our awesome fam! Love yall!