Friday, March 18, 2011

38 weeks

We have just ONE week left...well, if you ask me, 6 days and counting from now....she is scheduled to be "evicted"  induced next Friday, March 25th!!! Yep, that means Ryann will get her own birthday and will not be sharing with anyone in the family....unless she makes a move of her own and comes on a different day. I am so excited these next 6 days just might be a test of patience for me. Forget the  "might" part, I know they will be.

I found these pictures of each of the kids and thought it would be fun to post and see the differences. ( Sorry, I am not techno savvy enough to get all 3 side by side as I wished). Riley and Cole were both born at 39w, 1d and were only 2 oz. apart. They were tiny little things- in the 6 lb range.They came home and both wore preemie clothes for a couple weeks and newborn diapers I think for at least a month!! Riley I know wore newborn clothes for 6-8 weeks.


I'm not sure if I am the biggest now or if the differences are just in where I've gained my weight. Today I took the kids to the park and a lady said, " Well, aren't you just all toothpick legs with an olive on top!" To which I wanted to laugh hysterically and say, "First, I've NEVER had toothpick legs and second, you have no idea how much these legs will "smile"  (you know, hail damage aka fat/cellulite) at you if I let them." I've never heard that analogy before. But, it's all part of the joys of being pregnant and I wouldn't trade it for anything...please don't misunderstand. I'll take the fat, the swollen ankles, the nausea, everything about being pregnant and having this blessing. I just found her comment funny and a bit weird. I am of course excited for Ryann to be here.


We are all SUPER excited and I will admit, I am a bit nervous. Not to do this a third time, but to be induced. Probably more so because I've never been before. I HATE pitosin, it's an evil, evil drug but they always give it to me. In any case, we never know exactly how it will go but I'm sure it will all be just fine. I LOVE my dr. and completely trust her so I know we are in good hands.

And we can't wait to get our hands on this baby girl and hear that cry! I even welcome the every 2 hour feedings. Bring it on!

No comments: