Wednesday, March 9, 2011

37 weeks and 2 to go...


well, maybe.

(Ok, so I know I keep saying that I am going to post pictures of Ryann's finished room- and I am, I have not forgotten that I promised. I did FINALLY get the monogram I was waiting for off of Etsy...good grief I was getting worried and I thought it might never come after taking 2 stinkin' weeks.

So that is done and on the wall, but I ordered one last thing- a super cute beveled mirror and I am waiting on that. It should be here early next week so go ahead and close this window since yet again, I am posting about another week of being preggo. I kid, I kid. Kinda. So I promise I will get them on here as soon as I get that dang mirror. And next week is spring break which gives me way more time to do this....)

So other than being obviously bigger and one more week along,  the "37 weeks and 2 to go" part...my dr. appt today went great- in AND out in 20 min!! I barely hit the "ready" button on the wall, got myself situated on the table, and in she comes. It literally was that fast. Not much has changed because I have been stuck at 1 cm last week and yet again this week- maybe that's TMI but sorry, it's an update. I am not effaced at all, which is way different than the other two when by 37 weeks it was more like " you're at 3 cm and 80%". My dr. is going out of town next week ( insert sad face) and so I have to see a new dr. they have in the office. I explained to my dr. that Ryann has to come before her due date on March 30th because according to the HR office for the district, I have to be back at work by May 13th so I get paid over summer. (and yes, I do want to get paid). I don't technically have to go back before summer. I just figure I'd only have about 2.5 weeks till summer and that little time at work is not worth giving up the money. So, the 13th is just about exactly 6 weeks from her due date. So I sit here thinking I have no idea how she ( my dr.) will react or what she'll want to do. Her immediate response, after checking the calendar, " Ok, so I'll have it in my notes that next week when you see Dr. Bruce that she schedules to induce you sometime the week of the 21st!" Wow! Easy Peasy.

So, looks like that is our tentative timeline. Sometime during the week of the 21st but I won't know for sure until my appt next week...depends on what is available and that can also mean that she may or may not come by her "inducement date"  when I will be 39 weeks. Riley and Cole both came at 39w, 1 day...which this time around is March 24th for me. ( Lana, are you reading this!). I am hoping she comes on her own just to give her a chance. I figure it will be later during the week of the 21st when they will have something available since my appt is not until late next week. I'm shooting for the 25th or even the 28th to just see if she wants to share her day with her Uncle Chance ( keep reading).

I'd like to have her come on her own so she at least has the chance of making her own decision, if you will. And, because the way it goes in Brian's family, SO SO many of us share birthdays/anniversaries or birthdays/birthdays....I don't think I could even name them all. There is a running joke about how if you don't share a date with someone, then you don't belong. It's just a joke, obviously, because not everyone does but just something we kid about because there are SO MANY. And weirdly enough, some of Brian's family share birthdays with people in my mom's family.

The week of the 21st there are three birthdays in this family: his brother Andy on the 21st, Lana ( B's cousin)on the 24th, and other brother Chance on the 27th ( who DOES NOT want to share his day). I think that's  hysterical. So you see, now there could possible be 4 birthdays that week and someone could end up sharing their day with Ryann.

All I know is 2 weeks is coming really fast and I am so glad next week is Spring Break so I can get some down time and then back to work for a few days ( maybe) and then she'll be here! And yes, I am ready, ready, ready to meet her.

oh, and on a random note I had a new indulgence last night... the new banana pudding milkshake from Chick Fil A...if you haven't tried it, GO GET ONE. They are really good and I am not a big banana person, unless it's baked into something. But after hearing all the rage myself, I got one. Don't think about the calories or whatever, just GO!

3 comments:

Misty Straley said...

Or maybe she'll share a birthday with my little Langston...on the 26th! :) Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pictures!

misty w. said...

That would be too funny! Since Chance doesn't want to "share" his b-day, bet she'll come on that day!!! hahahaha!
love you. you look beautiful!!!

Dana (aka Mimi) said...

Aww...great post! You look so darn cute and can't wait to meet Ryann! Also ready to see her room! Love and miss yall!

...and to Misty S...Langston! What an awesome name!! (haha...that's my maiden name) Brian's Mom is my sister.

Someone in our family needs to name their kid Langston!