Monday, March 28, 2011

Ryann is here!!!

She is finally here and we are overjoyed!! 

Ryann Elizabeth Peterson
March 25, 2011
8 lbs
19.5 in.

Brian and I made it to the hospital and got checked in about 6:45 AM and a few hours later, the kids came to join us. We all sat and watched cartoons and they colored while we waited to meet our newest little one... you can see how excited they were!!


 They induced me around 8:15 and started the pit drip and I saw the "magic man" (got my epi) not long after and I was feeling guuuuddd. HA.

Ryann made her appearance just about 4 hours later. My theory on her being a bigger baby was right on- I joked about not having an 8 pounder and she was exactly 8 lbs! Someone "up there" has a sense of humor.

Poor baby girl came out bruised ( which is why she looks so blue in these pics) because she came so fast, but other than that, she is just PERFECT!
When she was born my dr said, " Oh wow! She's got a lot of hair!" I said, " Are you sure she's my child? Mine don't have hair!" (She assured me she was mine and told me to stop talking during labor)  ;)

We thought it was wavy/curly as first but once she was bathed, she's got straight hair and quite a bit of it.
Just like her momma too- I was born with a thick head of BLACK hair! ( It later turned very blonde)

Daddy was immediately in love with his newest little girl...
This was the first time the kids saw their baby sister and to say they were excited would be an understatement!



We came home on Sunday and she has been a very laid back, mellow baby so far. She's eating well- right on track about every 2-3 hours and sleeps all day. Our first night went pretty well too.

She's a tad bit on the high side for her bilirubin so we went to the dr. today and got her re-tested and she barely even wimpered when they pricked her heel. Such a good girl.

We are enjoying every single minute of her!
More to come...

1 comment:

Misty Straley said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! :)