Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hello from D.C!

We spent the day today doing the tourist thing and wore ourselves out! All the kiddos did exceptionally well. We went through the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian ( very cool, and I am not a history buff), then walked our way over towards the National Monument, down to the World War II Memorial, and past the Reflection Pool to the Lincoln Memorial. After all that walking we decided to take a new trek back to the Metro and looped back around by the Vietnam Memorial and White House. 

I haven't seen any of these since I was 5. I remember Abe looking ginormous- and he's still that way. I remember seeing the names on the wall when I was a kid, but it was overwhelming to see it all now. Did you know there are 80 pieces to the Vietnam Memorial wall? All covered in those who lost their lives. I do remember being there but you appreciate it more now- especially after seeing all the history at the museum first. The only thing we didn't make it to was the Capitol and Arlington National Cemetary because they are both on opposite ends of downtown from where we were. 

These are just two of the MANY from today. More to come later....
Brian being goofy...use your imagination.

1 comment:

Tara Powell said...

I loved DC. Seeing all those monuments in person is amazing! I am so glad ya'll got to be tourists and see it all, well almost everything. Who wants to see Obama's house anyway! :)