Friday, July 10, 2009

finally!

You may rememeber a few months back our old mailbox...I am happy to say that as of yesterday our new one is bigger and better! Thank you garbage men for hitting our mailbox. I really mean that. After a very frustrating couple months with processing the insurance claim we got it resolved! Sometimes insurance claims go quick, sometimes they nit pick every little detail. We experienced the latter. Sending multiple bids, calling and emailing and not getting return phone calls or emails for that matter (all stretched out over two and a half months), debating with the insurance whether the old one was repairable v. replaceable. Not to mention the insurance co. handling the claim for our garbage servicer was in Florida. Ugh! This happened in April, if you'll remember. I sure do because I looked at that cracked and tilted mailbox everyday. May not seem like a big deal, but when things are broken I hate waiting to have them fixed.

So yesterday a crew showed up and built us this...made out of limestone. I loved the fact that when Brian and Chris went to demo the old one on Thursday they hooked a chain up to the hitch on the back of the truck and pulled it over. I tried to get a pic but when I snapped it my camera so nicely gave me the message, " No memory stick." Dern. I forgot it in the printer. Some may call their demo technique redneck style- I call it efficient. Then we found out once on the ground, no wonder it's been leaning all these years. The jippos who built the old one layed no foundation under it, they just built brick on dirt. I'm no expert but I think I would have known better. I can say it didn't surprise me with everything else in this house we have fixed. Just one more thing to laugh about. And then make right for whoever buys our house next.

Did I mention I really love the limestone? It totally reminds me of the hill country. Wow! I never knew I could write so much about a mailbox. Ha ha.




3 comments:

misty w. said...

hey, anything new at the house is exciting news! you can write as much as you want about your pretty, new mailbox! ha! see ya'll tomorrow! xoxoxo-misty:)

Tara Powell said...

I feel your pain about waiting for insurance companies. I think we are FINALLY getting our money to pay off all the medical bills from our wreck next week. Yeah....2 1/2 years later. Geez people! Anyway, I love the new mailbox! Tell the garbage men to stay away from that one!

Unknown said...

I noticed it on Saturday. It looks great.
Jill