Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our little man is 1!

This last Saturday our little man turned 1! Today I took him for his 1 yr. exam which was great until he got his three shots, which was awful. My heart breaks when they scream like that. He weighed in at 21 lbs. 15 oz. and measured 29 1/4 in. so he has definitely made lots of progress in the growth department and has leveled out with his weight.

This last year has flown by, in a blur, but they say every year goes faster and faster. Seems like not that long ago I was in agony hugging the walls of the labor & delivery ward. He has filled our lives with a lot of laughter and smiles. Cole is such a blessing in our lives and makes us laugh with his antics daily. We celebrated his birthday this past weekend with great friends and family. Here are a few highlights from the day:


Cousin Blayke discovered the much coveted Cozy Coupe and decides she wants to ride....

What a gentleman, he opens her door.


She says, " Ok, stop right there. Thanks for opening my door but I prefer to ride alone."



Seems he wasn't going to let her have her way so he climbs right in too. (Don't worry Blayke, he does this to Riley too. )

Blayke: " Well if you insist on riding with me, you better scoot over! I'm driving."


Cole and Jake- I love their expressions.


Loving playing in the water....






Cole didn't really know what to think of his cake. I thought he'd be all over it since he normally will eat just about anything that you put in front of him. He stuck his hand in it, looked at it, and decided he wanted nothing more to do with it. I'm not even sure he got a bite of it on his own. But he did eat mine off of my fork. Maybe he figures it tastes better when it's somebody else's.






His new ride, Tow Mater the truck. Super cute and now he doesn't have to ride his sister's Little Mermaid car.


Uncle Chance and Brittni gave him a yard set with a rake and shovel and this little man carries one of them around all the time, when he's not on Towmater. No exaggeration there. He really loves anything that he can push or pull.



These two crack me up! Reese and Riley- It just made me wonder what they were saying or who they were talking to. They both have such vivid imaginations.







Thank you to all of our friends and fam who came out to celebrate with us! We love ya'll!











2 comments:

Lana said...

Love it and so glad we got to come and share Cole's " Big #1"!!!
love ya!

michelle said...

Love seeing the pictures since we weren't able to make it. I know Edwin told you we went out of town, but we're sorry we missed it. Looks like a great time!