Monday, July 20, 2009

our new best friend...

Orajel! Well, and ibuprofen too, but let me just say a few things....

Dear Evil Tooth Fairy,
Teething stinks. I know that teeth are a necessary thing to have, but they are a necessary evil when they make their presence known. Our little man has been cutting his one year molars and these last 3 weeks have not been fun. I miss my happy, giggly little boy who LOVES to eat.

Why is it that my kids get all their molars at once? Why is it that you are making them so very uncomfortable? Riley got all of hers back to back too. It's like you have devised a plan to make them all erupt one after another and do nothing but cause pure discomfort and agony to my sweet little boy. He's been so cranky some days I wonder if it was this bad the first time you struck on my sweet chubby little girl. I honestly can't remember. I'm stuck in the blur of the moment hoping that someday REAL soon you will allow the fourth to break through and all will be better. And then you can find somewhere else to go. You are not welcome in this house anymore. At least your other, more friendly half leaves money for the kids under their pillows. At least you could offer something to make up for what you have caused him. Don't you know that he has a very cute white piggy bank on his dresser?

This poor little man has been crying, I mean screaming, not wanting to eat anything but maybe yogurt or a banana (if I'm lucky.) You have made him so irritable. Have you heard him? You must have since you've been sticking around this house. He has the most high pitch deafening scream. I'm sure even the neighbors have heard his agony. I think I am going to start screaming with him so we can drown each other out. You have deprived him of his love for eating a whole banana in one sitting. Or what about all those other foods he used to enjoy?

Last week he drank a gallon of milk in four days all by himself just for the sheer fact that it's filling and requires no force on his gums. I get that it's cheaper than buying formula, but c'mon! Poor thing I bet he's starving. He resists trying to eat, squirms & turns his head. Now why would you do this to a sweet, innocent, precious little boy? Especially mine? (Don't answer... that was rhetorical.) He's been wanting to do nothing but cling to me or Brian. He's not been sleeping worth a darn either coupled with sore gums...makes for a no bueno situation. He's become the ever-present drool monster. He's soaked in no time and he walks around slobbering all over his toys. Yuck. I've never seen anyone drool more...except maybe a bulldog. No exaggeration. It's like an overflow. Good thing he is so dern cute or I might just be at my wits end. I would say go bother someone else, but I'm pretty confident in saying you won't be welcome there either. So listen here, take your wings and get yourself on a move. You've worn out your welcome.

Love,
Cole's mommy



(I caught him in a rare moment a few days ago- let's make note that this was AFTER I applied the Orajel & he had his ibuprofen. I guess somewhere in that cute little head of his he figures that chewing on the Orajel tube also helps him feel better. Don't judge. I assure you there wasn't but maybe a drop left in it.)











1 comment:

The Reim's said...

Poor Cole! Bring him to Aunt Patti & Uncle Martin's. We LOVE slobber babies!!!