Saturday, February 19, 2011

34 weeks


Wednesday marked 34 weeks for us! I've decided that I need to try to get pictures these last few weeks towards the home stretch...mainly because I've been worse than ever at taking weekly pictures with this one. So I figure we'll give it a go these last 5-6 weeks and see how things change.

So many people at work have commented on how I've dropped. I'm not so sure. I've always carried them low. I think she is lower than Riley and Cole but I'm just not sure on the whole dropped issue. I definitely feel very tight and some days I do feel like she may drop out. I've been getting Braxton Hicks more frequently and she is VERY active. We may have our hands full. HA.

Last week I was checking out at the grocery store and the cashier said, " Well honey, aren't you just the cutest thing!" I tell her thank you and keep unloading. She says, " Well how much longer you have? Cause it looks like you are about strectched to your max and about to pop!?" "Ummm, yes thank you, that is exactly how I feel...and I have 6 weeks to go" I tell her. She nailed it right- I feel exactly like that some days.

The last few weeks my ankles have started swelling, which they never did with Riley and Cole. It started out minimally but it has been much worse this last week. When I saw the doc last a week and a half ago, her answer was stay off your feet and cut your salt. Easier said than done on the "stay off your feet part." It's not even my ankles anymore but all around on both feet. I can't even call them "cankles" anymore. What is the term for all around fat feet? By night time, my poor feet look like they belong to someone 300 lbs. No exaggeration. I'm used to seeig the bones in the top of my feet and they are no where to be found. The swelling protrudes out from the sides of my feet past my toes. I've been sitting down as much as I can at work so it is probably helping some but they really need to be elevated and I can't do that realistically. I'm probably pushing it more than I need to but I am not the type of person to sit back and watch Brian have to do everything. I don't sit well at all. Too much of a busy body I guess.  Brian and I went on a date last night and by the time we left the movie, I couldn't get my feet back in my shoes. Not pretty people.

So we will see what the doc says this week about these feet. This week marks the start of my weekly appointments and that has really made me realize we are getting C-L-O-S-E. I'm not so much anxious or nervous about her being here but I just can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. It seems like the last month goes so fast because you're back at the dr again before you know it. I am getting really anxious to have the nursery all done and stuff put back in its place. Really I am just so excited to see it all come together.

I've got a few more things on my to do list to get done or buy and I think we're set. Brian is out there again in the driveway cutting wood already this morning and I know we are both hoping we get a lot of that done this weekend. I will try and post some pictures of the progress soon.


No comments: