Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Let me start by saying I LOVE 3 day weekends...there is no "ugh" feeling on Sunday night about Monday morning and I don't have to dread the sound of that alarm the next morning. And...this 3 day weekend was even better because when Memorial Day hits, school is almost out! There is no better feeling than to almost be done for summer.


We spent our Saturday (most of it) celebrating Blayke's 2nd birthday at Lana and Jp's house...and we stayed a little later than the party cause our ac crashed. Sweet.

Good thing they didn't mind us staying a bit later and playing. No rush to head back to a hot house. So we stayed, we played, we ate...it was a good afternoon and a lot of fun in the pool with this fam.







Riley, Cole (mid-yawn), and Reese


Misty and I!

The Carter Fam:

It would be an understatement if I said Cole didn't like the hot pink cupcakes. I think it's just cake in general- or sweets- anything baked he takes after his momma. I was so glad my camera was on it that afternoon as he just made a complete mess of himself.


I think he attemped to wipe off what was around his mouth and just smeared his whole face which left a pink fade and made him look kinda sunburned with pink lipstick.
...and yep, he had pink poo again the next day. Totally threw me for a loop. I had forgotten all about the red dye. Ha ha.

























Cole LOVED playing with Misty on the float. She pushed him over to the fountain which overflows into the pool...constant entertainment for a little boy who loves the water.








He found his way to Chuck ( he would be Misty's other half- if you don't know...and super funny guy) too and they had a good time and gave mommy and daddy a break while we sat on the side of the pool. (We weren't actually lounging...more like going back and forth on the phone about the ac.)











My feet needed watering too...so cute. He got in, filled it up, crawled back out, walked over and watered mommy and daddy's feet, then repeated.
We spent the night in Tomball Sat night because our house was just unbearable with two kids and 2 doggies. We kept Bella, a Golden, while her parents floated the Frio.


So once we got the air fixed ( which turned out to be not a big deal, just the compressor saver) and made it back home on Sunday, the kids wound up in the pool in their clothes. What started as dipping feet turned into full out splash mode with Bella. Too bad we didn't put Cole in a swim diaper before it all started. Oh well, it was comical. Check out his diaper...down to his knees.











Both of our kids were soaking wet and were loving this...















I'm pretty sure Bella loved the attention too- we can't seem to keep her out of the pool so I guess the kids figured why not join her? I love her expressions I caught.

Monday was sweltering HOT and we spent a while out back eating popsicles and watermelon. Yum-o. We strippedoff our shirt and let him go at it.


My kiddos love watermelon...






Our weekend was pretty relaxing overall and summer is just about here...today was the last day of school and yes, I cried. More tha once. Some of those kids who left were some I had 2 years in a row and it was not so fun saying good bye. I truly will miss them as they go to jr. high...and while I am partly sad the year is over, I am SUPER happy to home with my own babies.
The kids start MDO tomorrow for summer and I know they are going to enjoy going to church "school". Hopefully Cole adapts to it well. Stay tuned...I plan on being busy this summer! ( It's not like they are going to let me sleep in anyway. HA).




















1 comment:

misty w. said...

Awwww....fun weekend! I know we had fun with your crew at the party! Love all the pics!