Tuesday, March 30, 2010

what we've been up to....

well, once again I have found myself not keeping this blog as current as I hoped to. I think it's been about 2 weeks so that's not sooo bad, but thought I better get these thoughts up and counted for before Easter comes and then I am really behind.

So aside from the daily grind which keeps us busy enough and the kiddos recuperating from the AWFUL stomach bug that is getting almost everyone , we had a pretty fun weekend. Spring break rewind is still to come- we definitely were busy and had some fun do-ings there.

So let's see, our poor babies got sick last week and we were dealing with the un-pleasantries of stomach viruses on and off for most of last week. Poor baby Cole got it Sunday morning, the day before going back to work, and unfortunately spread his little germies to his sister and well, almost everyone else. It took down Riley, got the best of their Nee Nee, and made friends with Abishai and Candice too who flew in to have some fun with us. So when I say almost...Brian and I escaped. Yeah, I know, I probably just jinxed myself but we somehow avoided it. I have no idea how that happened. I will take credit for the million germ encounters I have daily at school and well, Brian just got lucky.

So thankfully the kiddos were back to normal by the weekend because Cole was in desperate need of a haircut. He was becoming Mr. Fuzzhead so my mom and I took him for his first experience in a barber shop. How cool- I found a winner ( Hargrave's) and we will go back and the best part? Super cheap.

There is something cool about the old timey shop with the men laid back in the chairs getting shaved with straight razors and the spinning red, white, and blue classic barber "thing" outside the door. So we walk in and Cole is cool, calm, and collected. We waited a few minutes, the place wasn't packed but more so than I thought. I figured for sure this was going to involve some bribery to get in that chair with clippers. Nope.

I was so proud. No lollipop or anything ( ok, he had the paci but he didn't need it). He climbed up, sat down, and sat perfectly still. Who is this kid? Seriously, this went way better than I imagined. Way better than the three previous attempts at haircuts in his life. So he got his "high and tight" and we went on our way. Yeah!









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating sweet Rowan's birthday at Lupe Tortilla's. Love.that.place!!






These girls have so much fun when they are together.






The kids had a great time- and we enjoyed the friends and weather outside on the patio. Cole was a bit gun shy of the sand at first- his toes did not like that. I don't blame him- I HATE sand in between my toes. Y-u-c-k. It's only suitable at the beach.



But Riley jumped right in and little man eventually warmed up it too so we all had a good time. And I'm not sure what it is but they loved the concrete statues. I was more worried about them falling off. Kids have no fear- they climbed on, grabbed the ears, and made friends with the cow, the donkey, and Pancho Villa.



Rowan had requested a hot pink dinosaur cupcake "cake" which was super cute and super pink. The kids had pink teeth, pink lips, pink fingers, and even pink poo. Yep, sorry if that is too much TMI but it caught me by surprise too. You know as a mom at some point, you have talked about your kids poo with someone and you've definitely seen a fair share. I had no idea what was wrong when I got surprised and then Brian reminded me...pink icing! I thought it was the return of that dang stomach bug. Just when I thought I had seen it all, I hadn't.








So I will leave you with Riley and Pancho Villa.
Be back sooner rather than later with Easter when the bunny hip hops to our house.
( Ok, that was corny, but I am out of thoughts. That was bad).
Hope you all have a great rest of the week!




3 comments:

Tara Powell said...

We LOVE Hargraves! Matt cuts my boys hair, too! If we happen to go and he isn't there, we have to leave and come back! :)

Andy & Candice Peterson said...

Looks like they are having fun. Cole's haircut is GREAT! BTW that Barber "thing is called a Barber Pole. It has an interesting history.

The Peterson's said...

ha ha ! I figured the professional would know what the "thing" was called. :)

So it was a little short for my taste but his dang hair grows so fast, I guess it's a good thing.