Tuesday, March 9, 2010

our weekend

Last weekend was a busy one and I love those, but I also despise them too in another way. It means that we're busy and have fun things to do, but it also means that it goes by so fast it's over. Although, I can say that spending last Saturday with friends and family was just what the dr. ordered after the going through a rough week of emotions after losing my dad.

And, don't get me wrong, those emotions still catch me, but the days are getting easier and I am keeping my feet moving forward. (Thank you again to all of our friends and family who sent cards & flowers, called, emailed, and was just there to give me a hug and say you care...even though it made me cry, you have to be thankful that they care enough to want to do something for you.)

So back on track...last weekend was b-u-s-y. Our kids woke up early as usual, because let's face it, they seem to know when the clock strikes 6 or 7. They make their way downstairs and come and bother us. I am thankful they can both get out of their beds, make their way down the stairs, and find the couch. And the couch = cartoons. No more screaming behind doors because they can't get out. We're loving that.

So we headed to a birthday party to celebrate Jake's 2nd birthday and the weather was great. You couldn't have asked for it to be prettier. We ran, chased, climbed, and then repeated. Yes, that would be us doing all that after the kids...because they were doing it too. It's safe to say that it took both of us to watch after them but they had a blast running and playing. So when one goes one way, you follow and hope your hubby has his eye on the other. The true reality of having two kids who are very active. But the party was a success- lots of fun- and good times with friends. Of course on the way home, Riley crashed and Cole didn't. I have no idea where the boy gets this never ending energy but there was no way he was about to take any shut eye on this gorgeous day.

I did take many pics but I'd be sitting here all night waiting for them so here's just a few from the park:






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple hours after we got home from the party we headed back out to have dinner with my mom's family. We all went to dinner to celebrate birthdays- my grandmother, Oma, was 81 on Sunday! She looks good, feels even better after her knee replacement, and had the smiles to show it. I can only hope I am still around at 81 and as healthy as she is.
This is my Opa & Oma, my mom's parents- so happy after all these years. They met on the day my dad was born, 11.28.49, and have been together ever since. WOW! That's 60 years for those trying to do the mental math. He is 84 and still so sharp. I love you both very much.


This was our attempt at a four generation picture- pretty good I think.
Riley and her great-grandmother. (I didn't manage to get one with her and Cole but he is the 1st boy in our family in 46 years! I'm hoping that is accurate- maybe it's 48).


Riley and Aunt B ( who came in from Ft. Worth)- this is really a great picture but it's even better because every time Riley sees her Aunt B, she can't talk to her for a good 10 min. She clams up, attaches herself to my leg, and hides. Go figure. But once Aunt B works her charm, there is no getting her away from Aunt B. She tricked her into talking about her dress. She fell for it.
Now, any of you who are around Riley often enough know that she can talk the paint off the wall...she must have gotten that from her daddy. Ha! (and I bet he won't know I just said that)and when she gets going, so do the hands and facial expressions. She can be so emphatic.
The other thing I love about this picture is her smile! She can be so ornery when taking a picture it can be exhausting trying to get her to show that sweet smile. She defintely got that from her daddy too. And I'm not picking on him, this is very true.


So that was Saturday and Sunday was a whole 'nother busy day...bathroom reno is in the works. Daddy and Boppy banging around, being noisy, and covering themselves in lots of sheetrock dust. I wish I had snapped a picture.


Well, stay tuned for more pics to come this weekend. We are venturing to the rodeo with the two kiddos and hoping to entertain them with Ag Venture and Blake Shelton. Should be fun! (and exhausting).


Adios...

No comments: