Wednesday, June 18, 2008

These boots are made for walkin'...

Riley has this fascination with things that aren't hers...namely, shoes. Some days it's other things but most of the time its shoes and cell phones. Typically, it is mommy's shoes that she manages to get out of my closet and walk around the house in. She likes any she can get her hands on and feet in. I try to keep the heels up high and out of reach. Most of the time its my Reefs, which she has mastered walking in. She even knows to put them on the right feet and just pushes her baby stroller around, purse and cell phone in hand also. (an innate knowledge I am just astounded by- how do they know these things?)
Yesterday she manged to get into Brian's boots all by herself- which mind you, is no easy task, given that they are half as tall as she is. She has tried walking in his Reefs, which make her look like she is wearing ski's. She tried walking and really didn't succeed like she does in mine. Hmm...I wonder why? Brian was supporting her while I quickly ran for the camera before the moment was gone and she decided that she needed a different pair. How cute is she?

2 comments:

Tara Powell said...

too cute. One of my favorite pictures of me when I was little is me wearing my dads boots. Thanks for the picture, it brought back some good memories!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Great to catch up with you guys! Thanks for commenting on my blog!
You have an adorable little girl!