Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby update!!

Well this is just to update you and let you know, I'm still preggo. Not that it is a bad thing and I'm not "overdue" yet, but the reason I say this, is because last Thursday at my weekly visit, the wonderful pelvic exams started. (Sorry if this is TMI- but most of you are mommies and can relate- if not, stop now!).

Well, I was totally expecting to go in, only to have her tell me that I am 0 cm. dilated. Just preparing for no news...well she does her thing and says, " Oh my! you're 3 cm. and 75% effaced at 36 weeks." I was quite surprised myself. She then goes on to tell me that she hopes he hangs on a little longer but if not, she would be gone on vacation until July 4th! That's 2 weeks of not having my dr, who I think, hung the moon. And by the way, was on vacation when Riley was born on Labor Day 2006! She made it sound as if this could be an "anyday" thing. So I have been on pins and needles thinking anytime that I go up the stairs or crawl into bed...GUSH!!

Now, given my history, my water broke with Riley at 39 weeks when I was 3 cm. and 100%. But this is 3 weeks earlier than her. So just to say, I am just anticipating this moment SOON! Needless to say, it is 6 days since we had that conversation at the dr. and I am still here and Cole is hanging on. Tomorrow is another dr appt. so we'll see what kind of news I get tomorrow- although I will be seeing another dr....whom I'm sure is just as great as Dr. Norton... :>(

All this talk from her must have ignited my "nesting" phase, because Saturday we painted the dining room, cleaned house, finished projects- all day until about 10 PM. Then Brian sold his truck Sunday after 2 days (yes, a huge shocker!!), and we were a one car family until last night when he bought his new truck...more on that later....that's a whole 'nother story!

Today we ran around having to buy extra car seat bases for the truck, an extra car seat for Riley, new tennis shoes for her- her foot has grown a full size since 2 months ago when I bought her new shoes then! We've just been running around trying to get all this done with the anticipation that today might be "the day". Well, the day is more than half way over, and I'm still sitting here...trying to be patient. Don't think I'm too crazy for thinking these things, when my "official" date isn't until July 17th! The doc doesn't seem to think I am going to make it. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Tara Powell said...

watch out....don't do what Jill did and have a 45 minute labor! The epidural route is a bit more enjoyable....trust me!