Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a little Friday fun...




Last week we paid a visit to Neenee because she had baby chicks born- Riley hadn't ever seen any so we went out there to run some last minute "to do" baby errands for Cole and check out the chicks...she, of course, wanted to hold it, but I thought she would squash it not knowing how quite to be gentle all the time. However, she has developed this talent of catching the older chickens- if you know chickens...they can run pretty fast and they are not easy to catch. This one she is hugging just happened to be there and she just reached down and picked it up. I was stunned- not that I would have wanted to hold it, but everytime I go near them, they run faster than I can. So how a 2 year old managed so easily is beyond me...she has a way with yard birds- this was not the first time she has manged to grab one of them.

The last picture I thought was just classic- Steve is working next door at the neighbor's building a garage and it seems he has lost some weight so the tool belt doesn't quite support itself anymore. He put on his father's suspenders, which if you can't tell, look like a ruler. I don't know who taught her to "pop" them but she ran up to him and thought it was sooo funny! Not to mention he did look a little ridiculous wearing them and the white sweatband! ( sorry Steve, we do love you)!

No comments: