Friday, April 1, 2011

One week

Today Ryann is one week old and how fast it has come and gone! Seems like just yesterday we were waiting on  her to be here and now that it's been a week time needs to slow down!

We've had a very low key week other than a couple trips to the dr early on. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 8 oz on Monday.  The rest of the week we relaxed, took naps, watched movies, and just enjoyed our time at home. We did venture out and pay a visit to Daddy at work for a while.

I can't get over how much she has already changed in just 7 days. Her color is so much better than a week ago when she was so brusied and blue. She had a bit of yellow too due to her high bilirubin. Her face was swollen and her eyes were puffy. But this week her head has rounded out more and her color has evened out. I think some days she is somewhat of a "mini me" and other times I look at her I see some resemblances of when Riley and Cole were this small.

To me, she is just the cutest thing. Yes, I am biased so my opinion doesn't truly count. (What momma doesn't think their own kid(s) is the cutest!?) I could sit and hold her all day and not feel like moving. You quickly forget the grunts, snorts, and squirms of newborns. Riley and Cole have really been very sweet with her too. They always want to hug her or hold her, but we've had some lessons on how to not constantly stay in her face.

Most of the day she sleeps- she tries to stay awake for a couple hours but her eyes quickly roll back in her head and she falls asleep again. She is eating very well - Brian and I have been trading off at night so that helps. I usually take the early feeding around 1 AM and he takes her around 4 AM and then feeds her again before he leaves for work.







Today we had her newborn pictures taken and I can.not.wait. to see them!

2 comments:

misty w. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misty w. said...

such a preeeeetty girl!!!!! xoxoxoxo

oops! didn't mean to delete it!?!?!?