Monday, January 10, 2011

Pismo Beach, Part II

Did I say somewhere in my last post that we spent a week in Pismo Beach? I can't remember so if it's redundant, sorry! Pismo is a very quiet beach town- more of a touristy town, rather than probably a permanent spot for most, but their were some fantastic houses! Prices were high, but no surprise there, it's California. brian and I went to the grocery store to buy a few snacks for the room during the week- ha ha, what a joke. We are so lucky here.  Here's a summary of what we bought:
  • a small pack of diapers
  • 12 pk of root beer (to appease the preggo)
  • grapes
  • fruit snacks
  • string cheese
  • 12 pk water
  • travel size contact lens solution
  • half gallon of milk
  • triscuits
That's it! Our total was $63!! My jaw dropped when the poor guy hit total, but I laughed. He asked us if we had a  "super saver" type card for the discounts to which I said, " Um, no, but if you wouldn't mind, you could enter yours" and he obliged so we walked away spending about $50. Yes, I expected it but it was kind of jaw dropping to compare the prices. I have no idea how people live out there.


The weather was pretty good - low 40's in the mornings, highs in the 60's and sunny- for the most part. And beautiful sunsets! With all the rain in LA and california that had been happening, I think we all thought we'd get more than we actually did. It rained and rained and the winds howled on Christmas Day but the other days were great.

Brian and I packed up the kids on one of our first afternoons and decided to head North on the Pacific Coast Highway and see what we could find. We tried to do some exploring on our own and happened to
stumble across some tide pools further down the beach..
 



I just loved this house up on the cliff...personally, I was wishing I had their view every morning.

On the way back into town, we found this great little park- with a beachview!- and the kids had a blast! We let them run around for about 30 minutes and burn off some more energy. They loved this digger and we had to pry their little fingers off of it when it was time to go.

Daddy had a great time making them dizzy...Riley didn't hold on too well the first time and she flew right off, got up with the giggles, and jumped right back on. I just love their expressions.

and...at the end of day after day looking at the gorgeous beach ...this was our view at sunset from our room:

1 comment:

michelle said...

wow; what a great treat! I love california! I went to college in Orange county, so I lived there for 4 years. Glad you had a great time!