Saturday, January 15, 2011

nursery progress

Today began a new phase of "honey-do's"... we officially started working on Ryann's room. Hooray!! I am ashamed to say that her room did not always look like this:
 In fact, it used to be organized and clean and well, used as a guest bedroom. It did have a bedspread, nightstand, lamp, and floor space.You could walk around the bed, there wasn't random stuff piled in there like bassinets and a crib and well, all that crap baby stuff and bags from Target on the bed. It somehow became a storage "dump everything in here and deal with it later" room in the last 9 months. My sister in law was here not even a year ago and it was clean.
In fact, I know how it happened: Riley grew out of her toddler bed and we got her a new big bed this summer. Then I cleaned out her closet and started piling stuff in here and the cycle began. Just for the record, this behavior is not typically me. Just to put it out there. I normally can't stand anything in excess that accumulates.

BUT! today it got cleaned out. We decided not to rip out the sheetrock down to the studs like we did in Riley and Cole's room and re-do EVERYTHING. I just didn't want to mess with it. ( I say it as if I am the one who always did the work.)

I'm just about sure ( well, I know) Brian is probably tired of me nagging him to get started. It seems my urge to have it done/organized/clean/girly (does that qualify as nesting?) has kicked into high gear. Throw in a few hormonal surges at 30 weeks pregnant about design ideas and I can only imagine what he may be thinking. (ahem, crazy, pregnant wife that is anal retentive and has a running list of "to-do's"). Luckily, being the great guy he is, he seems to "forget" those moments. I guess I feel like the next 10 weeks will be here before we know it and I hate getting stuff done at the last minute. I've got baby stuff everywhere.

So today the room got a new window:
                          
It is super nice to have a handy man around but I wouldn't probably advise that most take this approach:

 he got as much as he could out cleanly...and the rest went on the roof and back porch. His dad showed up to give a helping hand and voila!
 and just for giggles...this is what the room looked like when we bought the house. It was probably the most "un-wallpapered" room in the entire house. Just one wall of library books. Lovely.
We are going to add crown moulding and new baseboards, then re-paint. So that is coming soon enough. I am going to try and keep documenting the progress. But, I am excited about some ideas I have and the colors we chose.

1 comment:

Andy & Candice Peterson said...

It's looking good. I love that baby tulip bedding. I was thinking of getting it in the crazy even that we ever had a girl! lol... Can't wait to see how it turns out!