Thursday, July 22, 2010

a MAJOR milestone!!

I cannot tell you how happy I am to say that Riley finally has enough hair for rubber bands and hair bows! Doesn't she look cute? I have waited and waited and yes, waited for this day to come (almost 4 years, but who's counting?)...and what's even better is that she let's asks me put them in her hair.
(I think I have died and gone to heaven). We've had bows and barretts stashed away and everytime I tried she either yanked them out or they fell out, much to my disappointment.

Yes, I am that mom- the one who loves bows in their little girls hair- but just had to, yep you guessed it, wait for her blonde hair to GROW.  Any of you who have known her also know that she was practically bald up until her 3rd birthday and then it very s-l-o-w-l-y started growing.  It is starting to fill out and she's even getting curls to it. Let's be honest, she's got the hair I always wanted...blonde, curly (loose tendrils) when wet/humid, and the ability to blow dry it straight. I'm jealous.

Let the bow shopping begin!
well, and not to leave my other child out, he likes his hair spiked. His hair was never an issue- he had his first hair cut just before he turned one at the same time Riley got her first hair cut (she was almost 3 and just needed a "trim"). Anytime we go somewhere he runs to my bathroom cabinet and grabs his hair gel and then proceeds to tug at my leg and say, "hair!" repeatedly until it's his turn.

4 comments:

misty w. said...

both SOOOOO dern cute!!! XOXOXO

michelle said...

yay! Im sure you're lovin it! she looks too cute!

Misty Straley said...

How fun! I would love to have a girl to put bows in her hair and dress her in cute dresses...but I guess I'll just have to spoil my sister's little girl! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog...I got their shirts at the Carter's outlet at the big outlet mall on 290.

Ashley McWhorter said...

Love us some pig tails and bows!!! YAY!!!