Sunday, July 18, 2010

a fun Saturday

Yesterday we spent the day by taking the kids to the circus. My mom had mentioned taking the kids back at the beginning of summer and I thought it would be something that the kiddos would enjoy. I always went every summer as a kid with my friend, Jessica, so the circus to me was always something fun and super entertaining.



The kids did really well and were pretty enthralled by the whole show- which was 2 hours!! We had a small intermission so we let the kids stretch their legs and took potty breaks. We honestly weren't too sure how well they would "sit". Cole sat in my mom's lap a good majority of the time and clapped and kept saying "all white horsie", "all white zebra"...(well yeah, buddy, sort of). So cute tho complete with him just clapping and laughing. Let's be honest...he's 2 and there's a reason they call them terrible. He doesn't always sit that well...unless it's cartoons, and when he wants to move, there is no holding him back. I'm not gonna lie...I had visions of a temper tantrum complete with the ear piercing screams and then me wanting to crawl under my chair. I was so relieved and let's also add thankful. He proved me wrong. wow!

There was so much going on to keep their attention that I'm pretty sure that was why. Brian and I had a good time watching the kids have fun but it's just not the same as when we were kids. I remember the 3 ring circus, families of trapeze artists that would swing and tumble from end to end at The Summit and drop to the big mesh net, the motorcycles on the high wire and in the round cages...none of that. The animals were there doing some of the same things but it has definitely changed since our days. Overall the kids did really like it.


If you get there early enough, they have an Open House where you can walk through and see the animals and meet the clowns. I was quite surprised the kids weren't scared.





Can you tell they had a good time?



Saturday night we met up with our friends Matt and Jess and headed out to Tomball to this place known for the Mega Mel Burger. Check it out here. I can't believe in the 7 years we have lived out here, I have never been. Super cheap ($3.20 for a cheeseburger!) and super yummy. Ya'll know my love for food, and it did not disappoint. This is one of those country places everyone knows about (well except me until recently) and they pack them in rain or shine. It was packed- people waiting on the porch, on the picnic tables outside, down the side out to the parking lot. Thank goodness the wait wasn't real long. And just as packed as it was outside, so was the inside. Not one empty chair. Seriously.



We all got the famous cheeseburger (I couldn't convince Matt to eat the Mega Mel and I was a bit bummed but at $20.00 and about 3.5 lbs, I guess I can't blame him but a man did do it in 9 min!! I missed out seeing it because it happened before we got seated) and the BEST onion rings I have ever had. They were prefectly fried with a tempura-like batter- not real oily but just the right crunch. Oh.my.heavens. I ate too many.









No comments: