Wednesday, February 18, 2009

some results are in...

My bloodwork is back from Saturday and the results show abnormal levels of my thyroid...as suspected. My dr. called me tonight and told me I am hyperthyroid, which explains all the symptoms I have had. They are referring me to an endocrinologist for further tests and simply because they specialize in this.

Apparantly my levels for T4 were way over 13.0, which according to her, is very high. I don't know what normal levels are.

So good news... one problem solved, probably easily managed. I hope.

She did mention tonight that while my uterus felt enlarged last Friday that it wasn't anything too alarming. The ultrasound is mostly to be thorough and just have a good look to be double sure there aren't any other problems existing. So we're still on for Friday at 3...the best news I got was that she definitely cleared me of cancer- no concerns there. THANK GOD!!

3 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

That is wonderful news! I know you are so relieved to have some answers.

Oh...how do you know Misty Straley? She was my best friend all the school. Small World. :)

Rusty and Jennifer said...

YEA!!
I know that you relieved to have some answers!

The Reim's said...

We're all happy with you over the
"no cancer" diagnosis. You are still in our prayers as you deal with the thyroid issues.Love ya, P & M