Friday, February 27, 2009

Life Lesson # 1

NEVER leave your child unattended... we had just walked in the door tonight from dinner- Brian and I are in the kitchen...the kids are in the living room playing. They're together- I check on them every few minutes. I know Riley is playing with Lulu- her baby that goes everywhere she goes. Cole is at her side. So I go back in the kitchen for a minute, go back to check on them and find this: diaper cream EVERYWHERE!


This is Lulu's back side- she had her on the rug, diaper nearby, getting her ready. Are you laughing yet? I was.


My guess is she realized she used too much and didn't have anything to wipe it off of Lulu so Sadie got Lulu's backside down her back. Poor dog- she didn't like getting a bath afterward.



oh, and yes, I'm sure this is where she left the cream after she decided she had used enough. Good thing this is old furniture...I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard. New furniture- I would have been upset.


What I learned: the only thing that removes diaper cream from surfaces is Dawn dish soap- on Riley, on the ottoman, on Lulu, on Sadie. Tomorrow is another day!



3 comments:

Misty Straley said...

That is so funny! It must be a girl thing. A friend that I used to teach with, her daughter did the same thing with one of her dolls! :) They always seem to keep you laughing (or crying)! Have a great weekend!

Jessica Brooke Willis said...

Hi there! I found your blog through Ashley's. I went to high school with Brian...I am Misty Straley's best friend. Just wanted to say hello! Love reading your blog...

Dana (aka Mimi) said...

That definitely brought back some memories of little ones making messes......it's great that you can ALREADY laugh about it! Now THAT'S good parenting. Don't sweat the small stuff is a good motto to live by. I feel like it's been forever since we've since the kids...I know they're changing so much. Hope to see you all soon....maybe when Jackson arrives! Love yall~