Thursday, July 17, 2008

A sweet moment

Have you ever unsuspectingly observed a moment where your husband was having a moment with your kid? What I mean is that I have to brag on Brian...last night was his bath night...we trade nights with Riley. I stayed downstairs with Cole and when I thought he was getting close to the end, Cole and I made our way upstairs. As I get half way up the stairs, I hear Brian having one of these so-called "moments." I can hear Riley splashing in the tub and Brian is trying to teach her how to "roar" into the cup that we keep in the tub. You know the sound, when you make a noise into the cup, it sounds like a roar and tends to make an echo-like sound.

I'm standing on the staircase, baby in arms, trying to be so quiet so I can observe this moment, while not laughing because this is so sweet. I couldn't see this happening, but this is what I heard:

Brian: " Roo, you have to take the cup and put it up to your mouth and do this..( he continues to make the "roar" by demonstrating for her." I hear his voice in the cup make a lion like sound.

( her nickname is Roo Roo- our friend Maranda called her that once, and it stuck. So now we call her Roo, Roo Bug, Stinker Roo...)

She laughs at his attempt and I'm sure he's trying to get her to copy him. I can just picture this happening as I'm trying not to laugh and disturb the "moment." It was so sweet.

He really takes the time to try and teach her new things like how to roar into a cup. He is teaching her how to dress herself, has taught her her left anf right arms so that when she puts her pj's on, when he says, " ok, now your left arm" she gets it right. I know she's almost 2 and this is the age they really start learning a lot, but he is REALLY good with her and I just had to brag! What a good daddy.

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

That is so funny y'all call her "Roo". That is what my husband calls Maggie, our youngest. I LOVE those daddy/daughter moments. Priceless!!!! :)