Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's a......

GIRL!!!

Ryann Elizabeth Peterson

We found out Thursday that our little love is another sweet little girl! We actually found out early at 16w b/c my dr. now offers a "non-medical" ultrasound just for gender and so when we heard that at my 14w appt, Brian about jumped out of the chair. Thursday was two weeks later and now the suspense is over. Riley got just what she wanted and Cole actually got very upset. ( I wish I had had a video of it).

I think he had it in his head about him having a brother and so when we told him, he started screaming,
" No! I want BOY!" We tried explaining that you really don't get to choose, but that you get whatever God blesses you with, and he still kept screaming, " NO! I want BOY! BOY!" and then actually hit Neika. Oh man, he was a bit upset. We, of course, were all laughing hysterically because of the expression and unexpected reaction from him. (No, we weren't actually thinking that hitting his Nee Nee was funny)

In any case, I know that they will both just love her to pieces...as we all will.

We  I really struggled with a girl name...from the get-go Brian picked Ryan for a girl. (This was well before we even found out she was a girl) I went back and forth, back and forth and was determined to find something else. We had a running list on the fridge with so many names and then scratch-outs. Every one I thought of  I liked, but for some reason, my mind always came back to Ryan. I just tried to talk myself out of it. My only concern was that Ryan as it is spelled that way, looks like the boy name. So I tried and tried to find something else. And I couldn't. Nothing seemed right to me. And during this whole process, Brian just sits back and listens and is probably thinking that I am driving him nuts..sending him emails at work, texting him, and talking probably non-stop about a girl name.

So then it dawned on me one day that the name Ryan actually has significance. So I started looking at the name/spelling and it occurred to me that I really would like her to have a part of her grandmother's names. (Cole has Brian's middle name and if this had been a boy, he would have been Luke Steven, middle name after Brian's dad and brother). So back on track, my mom's middle name is Anne and Neika's is Elizabeth and then it all came together. She has a name that is unique to her (that we both liked) but that also has part of her grandmother's names. It just seemed perfect, all of a sudden. I love how life just works itself out and sometimes in ways you completely never expect...

5 comments:

Angela said...

Congratulations....I love girls! My niece is named "Rian" aka Ryan...lol. Very pretty name.

Misty Straley said...

Yay! Love the name. :)

Ashley McWhorter said...

Love the name! I was almost a Ryan. :)

Okay. There was a guy that Brian and I grew up with and I am still friends with he and his wife. They have one daughter. Guess what her name is...Ryan Elizabeth. But, they call her Ellie! So fun!

misty w. said...

can't wait to meet you, ryann elizabeth!!!

The Reim's said...

Another beautiful girl in the house for Brian & Cole. Yeah!!! Love the name, she'll be right there with Lydia, Minerva, Neika & Lana . . . ALL with Elizabeth as their middle name. Love ya'll, P&M